Modern communication systems are mainly realized by means of the transmission mechanism of electromagnetic waves in free space or in guided media.
- Wireless communication system
- Wired communication system
When the wavelength of electromagnetic wave reaches the range of light wave, such telecommunication system is specially called
- Optical communication system
Other communication systems in the electromagnetic wave range are called
- Electromagnetic communication systems, or telecommunication systems
- Cable optical communication system
- Optical fiber communication system
Generally, the guiding medium of electromagnetic wave is wire, which can be divided into cable communication system and clear communication system according to its specific structure.
Radio telecommunication system can be divided into
- Microwave communication system
- shortwave communication system
- Telephone communication system
- Data communication system
- Fax communication system
- Image communication system
As people need much more communication capacity and more and more diversified requirements for communication services, communication systems are rapidly developing towards broadband, and optical fiber communication systems will play an increasingly important role in communication networks.